How Well Do You Know about School Bus Dimensions?
Sunday July 23, 2017
There is no doubt that the best way of transportation to and from school is the school bus. It’s a privilege to avail the service of school bus. The invention of GPS and RFID tags has elevated the safety provided by school bus to the next level.
The RFID school bus tracking system tracks student location, making it possible to locate them. There is also a GPS tracking system equipped in the school bus to help parents as well as schools to track real-time location.
Considering the distance travelled by the bus and the distance they cover, deaths are extremely rare. Death rate of school buses per 100 million miles travelled is 0.2 while automobile deaths are eight times higher.
Never Ignore the Dimensions of a School Bus:
It’s not wise to ignore the importance of the school bus dimensions. The exterior of the bus is equally important as its interior.
Typical Measurement of school Bus:
The school bus would have these particular measurements.
- About 9.5 to 11 ft for its height
- Around 8 ft for its width
- Between the measurements of about 12 ft to 40 ft length
Measurement considered by the driver;
Ten (10) to twelve (12) meters long is another measurement that the school bus drivers prefer. It is because of the comfort that the drivers prefer this measurement.
Measurements about 7980 or 8500 by 2400 by 3100 mm
Passengers and Its Impact:
The passenger size is of important to consider while calculating the measurements outside.
- A 72 passenger bus would be appropriate if there are lot of passengers
- For more capacity 77-passenger bus is available
- There buses are designed to carry around sixty five (65) passengers
- For handful of students bus with smaller passenger space would be enough
Passengers and the Bus:
While selecting the perfect bus for the school the authorities must keep in mind the strength of students.
Here are some of the variations of school buses according to its seating arrangement;
- Average buses for schools would have a seating capacity of around fifteen (15) to ninety (90) people.
- Some choose to have around fifteen (15) to thirty eight (38) seating capacity
- Some offer around twenty four (24) to sixty six (66) seats
The Five School Bus Types:
- Type A school bus can carry about 10 to 16 students
- Type B bus can carry around 10 to 30 people
- Type C helps to transport around 10 to 54 children and teenagers
- Type D school vehicle can carry 10 to 54 students
- Type S merely can hold up to 9 or less people.
Choosing the Right Bus is not Tough:
Choose the right bus keeping in mind various factors. The best choice can give most comfort. Avoid buses with more seats than the students. Always be double sure about the material that is used to construct the exterior of the bus. Suitable prevention must also be ensured to decrease the effect of collision. Heavy duty mudflaps must be fitted in the front and rear of the bus. Without disturbing any adjacent panels or window(s), all exterior panels must be easily replaceable.
Wonder why school bus provides safety that cannot be compensated by any other means of transportation?
It’s because, school buses are built to eliminate the possibility of any danger. All school buses are equipped with school bus safety and comfort to help students have a trouble-free trip to and from their schools.
School buses have got fire extinguishers, emergency exit windows, seat belts on all seats plus an ultra-low entry slide-step (as optional) to allow children to board and alight without assistance. The thickly padded bench seats are fire proof.
Not only is the interior of the school bus, but the whole of it is built with utmost care and observation.