Pedestrians also have the responsibility to follow certain traffic rules while on road. Your behaviour should not be the reason for any casualty. Try to be more attentive to your surroundings and follow the rules, as pedestrians your eyes and ears are your best tools for keeping you safe.
HERE ARE FEW TIPS YOU CAN FOLLOW AS PEDESTRIAN
- Don’t jaywalk
- Use sidewalks as much as possible, if not walk facing the traffic signal to know your surroundings
- Mind the signs and signals
- Use pedestrian crossings to cross the road
- Before crossing the road look both sides to make sure there aren’t any vehicles
- While on road do not text, play or hear music. Avoid distractions as much as possible
- When you’re with children try to make sure they are not walking by the side of the road. Always maintain 3 feet distance from the road
- During harsh weathers or at night, try to wear light coloured clothing so that you are visible.