Road Safety Rules(India) & Why they are Important
Every country has its own road safety rules and regulations for the best interests of citizens. Road safety rules in India are designed as per the best interests of citizens. As a citizen, you have certain important roles and responsibilities. For making the safety efforts successful, you need to follow the rules persistently.
As you a citizen of a huge country like India, you may face problem in rule execution. India is a country having 29 states, each having their own governing body, villages, panchayats etc. and hence it is a difficult task to manage them effectively.
Here follows some of the important road safety rules that you should follow while driving in India:
- As per the Indian law, you should have minimum 18 years of age to avail a driving license.
- While driving, you should not use mobile phones as it can cause serious road accidents
- Drinking and driving is not allowed as it seems to be a deadly combination for you
- You need to wear seat belt while driving a four wheeler
- You should not honk unnecessarily especially when you are near a hospital or school
- You should follow the speed limit fixed for your respective vehicle
- Red light jumping is a great offence. You will be given a huge penalty for red light jumping and sometimes your license will be taken by traffic police
- You need to drive carefully near a school, as kids have the tendency to run on the road without watching out for vehicles
- You can make use of zebra crossing for crossing the road
- Helmets are necessary when you use two wheelers for travelling
- Make sure that you keep left on the road, when you use cycles for travelling
- For having a safe journey, you should be aware about various signboards
In addition to this, there are certain road safety rules for pedestrians that should keep notice:
- As a pedestrian, you should walk on the footpath and not in the middle of the road
- Look right, then left and right again. This rule should always be kept in the mind
- Always try to walk on the left side of the road
- You should cross the road at the zebra crossing
You May Also Like:
The following are certain rules for bus commuters that you should consider:
- As a bus commuter, you should always board bus at the bus stop
- A bus driver should not stop bus in the middle of the road
- It is hazardous for you to hang outside the running bus. If the bus seems crowded, you can wait for another bus rather put your life into danger
In fact, all these rules are made for Indians to assure safety. A little carelessness or impatience can lead to serious issues and hence it is better for you to stick onto the rules without hesitation. Overspeeding can be a deadly enemy of your life, so it is better to avoid it.
As a responsible citizen, you need to be more compassionate for improving road safety of India. You should not think rules as something useless but it should be considered as a medium to help each other and thus become sensitive towards citizens. It is better for you to respect and follow the rules that are put forward by the Indian Government as it is created for your own safety and welfare. All the road safety rules and regulations make your driving a better experience.VN:F [1.9.16_1159]Road Safety Rules(India) & Why they are ImportantRated 3.3 out of 5 based on 6 ratings
More from my site